STNblocknet is an open-source effort to design a network with the security like Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency developpement , as the expressivity required for developing decentralized applications. In these decentralized apps, mass data breaches, loss of user privacy and lack of data portability can be a thing of the past.
The diagram below shows the layers of the STN blocknet network. While it exists at the "application" layer in the traditional internet design, STN blocknet itself consists of multiple layers too. The rest of this guide will follow the order of the layers, from bottom to top
At the base layer of STNblocknet sits the stunnesCompute blockchain. It's a layer 1 blockchain that enables people to register digital assets and write smart contracts. It connects back to the Waves blockchain with a 1:1 block ratio, anything that happens on the STNblocknet blockchain can be verified on the public/private blockchain.
The STNblocknet blockchain enables anyone to create, own, and transfer digital assets secured by the STNcompute blockchain. Common use cases for these assets are new types of business models, governance, and funding. The digital assets you will encounter on STNblocknet fall into four categories :
- STN token is the native asset of the STNblocknet blockchain. Its consumed as fuel when making a transaction, for instance when you execute a smart contract or register a digital asset.
- Fungible tokens are interchangeable tokens: each individual token is equivalent to the next. An example of a fungible token is Bitcoin.
- Non-fungible tokens are unique. Each non-fungible token is different from any other, like a rare collectible such as a piece of art would be.
- STN token will be used in smart contracts because Clarity can query the Bitcoin blockchain directly and has SPV proofs built in.
A smart contract is code that runs on the blockchain instead of a server. Using smart contracts, users can agree on a global state without having to trust a central authority. Clarity is a next-generation language for writing smart contracts that optimises for security and predictability. Clarity is an open-source project supported by Blockstack and Algorand will be used to deploy a smart contracts on the STNblocknet network.
Smart contracts enable developers to build decentralised protocols that use the blockchain for backend logic. Their source code is public on chain and they can operate without a central authority. This minimizes the trust required between parties. With tokens, there is now a way to monetize protocol usage and to incentivize people to contribute to their development.
At the top layer of Stunnesblock reside the decentralized apps. They function like you are used to, except these apps don't depend on any central authority and keep your data private and owned by you. A typical decentralized apps will make use of the following technologies :
- STNblocknet Authentication protocol for decentralised authentication.
- Gaia as a shared and private data layer that is controlled by users.
- Clarity smart contracts for decentralized state and backend logic.
- Digital assets for new business models, funding, and asset exchange.
- The STNblocknet blockchain for settlement and security.